The Ecobank Fintech Challenge seeks out financial technology companies that are prepared to expand their operations and works with those companies to offer them assistance and access to business opportunities across Ecobank’s 33 African markets. The purpose of this initiative is to make a contribution to their growth as potential Pan-African Fintech success stories.
Ecobank, also known by its full corporate title of Ecobank Transnational Inc. (ETI), is a pan-African banking conglomerate that has operations in 36 different nations across Africa. It is the leading wholesale and retail customer-focused independent regional banking organization in West and Central Africa. Furthermore, the company has subsidiaries in both Eastern and Southern African countries. ETI maintains representative offices in a number of different countries, including Angola, China, Dubai, France, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
ETI is a major provider of financial services with offices in 36 countries all over the world and a presence in 36 sub-Saharan countries. As of the end of 2012, it was estimated that ETI had a client base of 13.7 million, with 9.6 million (or 70.2%) of those customers residing in Nigeria, which is the most populous nation on the African continent. ETI’s branch network numbered 1,305, with 1,981 networked ATMs.
– The Challenge is open to all Fintechs on the African continent.
– Interested Fintechs can apply by sending details of their product as well as a demo here.
– These products must address one or more of a specific set of pain points which can be found here.
Benefits of the Ecobank Fintech Challenge for African Tech Innovators and Entrepreneurs
- The selected finalists will participate in the grand finale of the Ecobank Fintech Challenge.
- The ultimate winner for 2022 will be awarded a cash prize of $50,000.
- All finalists are inducted into the Ecobank Fintech Fellowship, which affords them the opportunity to explore deals, integration, and commercial partnerships with the Ecobank Group.
Late August – Mid-September 2022: Apply
Late September 2022: Get Shortlisted
Mid-October 2022: Become a finalist
Late October 2022: Pitch at Challenge event/win cash
Late October 2022: Get Inducted into Ecobank Fintech Fellowship
November 2022 – April 2023: Explore Integration & commercial partnership opportunities with Ecobank Group
September 16, 2022
For more information on the Ecobank Fintech Challenge:
Visit the Official Website