It has been announced that applications for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2023 are now being accepted from international students who wish to study in Ireland.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship is a fully-funded sponsorship that provides selected students with a stipend of €18,500 per annum in addition to covering the tuition fees of €5,750 per annum.
The recipients of the scholarship are also eligible to receive direct research expenses up to the value of 3,250 Euros per year during the duration of their studies.
Host Country: Ireland
Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | Ph.D. Scholarships
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Reward: Full Scholarship | Tuition fees | €21,750 stipend per annum
Application Opens: September 8, 2022
Deadline: October 20, 2022
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is a well-established national project that is overseen by the Council and receives funding from the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation, and Science.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is a one-of-a-kind opportunity within the Irish research landscape, and it supplements other avenues for directly funded postgraduate education within the Irish ecosystem. The following are some of its features:
- individual, distinguished awards in the applicant’s name for outstanding research;
- a selection procedure that is impartial and uses international, independent expert peer assessment;
- funding for all academic fields, from zoology to archaeology; and
- rewards for non-directed, bottom-up research, except those supported by its strategic funding partners.
Requirements for Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship for International Students 2023
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship has the following requirements;
- There is no age limit for applicants to be eligible for either programme type.
- All applicants must be affiliated with an eligible Irish higher education institution or
- Applications will only be accepted in either Irish or English language.
- Applicants must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the relevant
programme, including strategic partner themes. This applies regardless of whether the applicant has changed their host institution or research topic since a previous submission.
- The Irish Research Council is not in a position to award funding for research activity under any of the following prohibited areas:
- human cloning for reproductive purposes;
- genetic modification of human beings that could make such changes heritable
(with the exception of research relating to cancer treatment of the gonads, which
may be funded); or
- creation of human embryos solely for the purpose of research or for the purpose
of stem cell procurement, including by means of somatic cell nuclear transfer.
To find more details about the eligibility and requirements of this scholarship, click here.
Reward for Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship for International Students 2023
The Scholarship offers the following;
- a stipend of €18,500 per annum;
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum; and
- eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
Method of Application
Candidates who are considering applying for the position should give the call documentation a careful read to know whether or not they are eligible to submit an application. The application and supervisor forms are provided, together with indicative versions of those forms, for the sole purpose of providing information. Every participant is required to use the online system to generate and submit their respective forms.
If the call documentation does not provide an answer to your question, you should get in touch with the research office of the institution you are considering attending so that they may provide information and clarification regarding the call. Any questions or concerns that the research offices are unable to answer should be emailed to email@example.com.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS FROM AROUND THE WORLD
If you are interested in this scholarship, click on the button below to begin your application.